Procurement, Supply & Logistics Services
Logistics unit is the engine hall of HIV/AIDS division that drives the process of commodity availability through effective coordination and participation of key stakeholders in the National Product Supply Chain.
Scope of Activities
- Development of Policy Documents and Frameworks and Pharmacovigilance (PV) structure
- Coordination of Quarterly Expanded HIV/AIDS PSM-TWG meetings
- Coordination of bimonthly National HIV/AIDS PSM-TWG (coordination) meetings
- Coordination of biannual joint national treatment, laboratory and PSM stakeholders' meeting to improve collaboration among the various players in the program
- Review and Monitoring of bimonthly LMDs
- Monitoring of quality assurance of medicines at all levels of care in collaborations with NAFDAC
- Coordination of National HIV-PSM situation room to provide information and directives for quick decision in the event of COVID-19 pandemic
- Product selection based on WHO recommendations, National treatment guidelines and assumption building
- Forecast Generation for HIV Commodities
- Coordination of Supply Plan Review of HIV commodities to ensure adequate resources is available to guarantee commodity security for the HIV/AIDS programme.
- Operates a pooled basket procurement system from major funders and Government of Nigeria
- Inventory Management & Distribution coordination through the Nigeria Health Logistics Management System (NHLMIS)
- Developed protocol and costed budget for cohort event monitoring of TLD with collaboration with NAFDAC and support from CHAI, PEPFAR, NACA,WHO and FHI36O/GF.
- Participation in the quarterly integrated stock status report comprising of all the public health programs and anchored by National Product Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP) with support from MSH.
- Coordination of biannual integrated MSV comprising the treatment, laboratory and PSM components with support from CHAI, PEPFAR, NACA and GF